European Coastal Cruise
May 2 to 11, 2024 – Featuring 80th Anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy with guest speaker Dwight David Eisenhower II
- Starting Price: $6,295 per person, double occupancy, air not included
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Travel type: Ocean Cruise
- Ship Information: Le Champlain
- Tour Partner: Gohagan & Co.
- Add-Ons: Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program
- Brochure: Brochure PDF
- More information: NC State + Gohagan website
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation on the phone, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508. To book, use this WolfTreks reservation form.
Explore the storied legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal Portugal, Spain, France, and England and commemorate the 80th anniversary of D-Day on this 8-night cruise itinerary. Discover Portugal’s renowned wine country, walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims in Santiago de Compostela, visit Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim Museum, and see UNESCO-inscribed Mont-Saint-Michel’s impressive abbey. Meet guest speaker Dwight David Eisenhower II, grandson of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, as he joins us on a special anniversary tour of the hallowed Normandy beaches. Extend your journey with the Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program options.
- Meet special guest speaker Dwight David Eisenhower II, grandson of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, as he joins us on a tour of the hallowed Normandy beaches during the 80th anniversary year of D-Day.
- Excursion to visit Omaha Beach and the American Military Cemetery.
- Tour historical Oporto, the remarkable Santiago de Compostela, Bilbao’s avant-garde Guggenheim Museum, and the UNESCO World Heritage-inscribed Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime cruise up the River Thames, where you will spend the night on board within sight of the iconic Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.
Guest Speaker Professor David Eisenhower
Grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Professor David Eisenhower is a noted historian of World War II and the Cold War. His 1986 bestseller, Eisenhower: At War 1943–1945, was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in History. Eisenhower received a B.A. in history cum laude from Amherst College. Following graduation, he served in the United States Naval Reserve for three years as an officer on the USS Albany; shortly afterward, he earned his J.D. cum laude from The George Washington University Law School. Today, Eisenhower is Senior Fellow of the Foreign Policy Research Institute and a Public Policy Fellow at the Annenberg School of Communication and the School of Arts and Sciences at the University of Pennsylvania, where he teaches “Communication and the Presidency.”
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.