Exploring Australia and New Zealand
March 13 to April 3, 2023
- Starting Price: $9,384 per person, double occupancy, air included from Los Angeles, CA. Other cities: Raleigh-Durham, $9,934; Charlotte, $9,884; Land only, $8,295. Single supplement: $2,195. Call for pricing from your hometown.
- Special Note: Limited to 24 travelers. We are sharing this departure with the University of Texas.
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Travel type: Land
- Add-Ons: Auckland Post-Tour
- Tour Partner: Odysseys Unlimited
- Brochure: Brochure to come
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation on the phone, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508. To book online, use this form.
The Lands Down Under and small group touring – limited to 24 travelers – make for a perfect combination on this journey from Australia’s spectacular Great Barrier Reef, the storied Outback, and Ayers Rock to sophisticated Sydney; from New Zealand’s towering Mt. Cook and breathtaking Milford Sound to high-spirited Queenstown and nautical Auckland.
The 22-day journey begins in Cairns with a ride on the historic railway to Kuranda, then a descent via a Skyrail gondola. Swim and snorkel at the colossal Great Barrier Reef during a day-long excursion. With two nights in Alice Springs, embark on an Aboriginal “dreamtime” tour to learn about the Walpiri tribespeople’s ancient culture, and enjoy a traditional “bushman’s” dinner. At Ayers Rock, watch the sun set over this fabled monolith. Highlights of a three-night Sydney stay include a catamaran cruise around Sydney Harbour; Featherdale Wildlife Park, where koalas roam; and the iconic Opera House; along with ample leisure time to get better acquainted with this fascinating city.
Discover Christchurch, New Zealand’s “Garden City,” with a tour, then stop at a local farm to see sheepdogs work. Spend two nights in splendid Mt. Cook National Park. On a day-long Milford Sound excursion, cruise through the stunning fjords. Explore Queenstown, New Zealand’s “adventure capital.” In geothermal Rotorua, experience Maori culture at a traditional hangi dinner and see kiwis at a nature park. The journey ends with a two-night stay and sightseeing in vibrant Auckland. Enjoy additional time in the sparkling “City of Sails” with an optional three-day/two-night post-tour extension.
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.