Exploring Australia and New Zealand
April 1 to 22, 2024
- Starting Price: From $9,684 per person, double occupancy, from Los Angeles. Call for pricing from your hometown. WAITLIST ONLY/TRIP IS FULL
- Special Note: Limited to 24 travelers. This is an exclusive NC State departure.
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Travel type: Land
- More Information: Itinerary and Accommodations
- Add-Ons: Auckland Post-Tour
- Tour Partner: Odysseys Unlimited
- Brochure: Brochure PDF
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation on the phone, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508. To book online, use this online reservation form.
The Lands Down Under and small group touring – limited to 24 travelers – make for a perfect combination on this journey from Australia’s spectacular Great Barrier Reef, the storied Outback, and Ayers Rock to sophisticated Sydney; from New Zealand’s towering Mt. Cook and breathtaking Milford Sound to high-spirited Queenstown and nautical Auckland.
The 22-day journey begins in Cairns with a ride on the historic railway to Kuranda, then a descent via a Skyrail gondola. Swim and snorkel at the colossal Great Barrier Reef during a day-long excursion. With two nights in Alice Springs, embark on an Aboriginal “dreamtime” tour to learn about the Walpiri tribespeople’s ancient culture, and enjoy a traditional “bushman’s” dinner. At Ayers Rock, watch the sun set over this fabled monolith. Highlights of a three-night Sydney stay include a catamaran cruise around Sydney Harbour; Featherdale Wildlife Park, where koalas roam; and the iconic Opera House; along with ample leisure time to get better acquainted with this fascinating city.
Discover Christchurch, New Zealand’s “Garden City,” with a tour, then stop at a local farm to see sheepdogs work. Spend two nights in splendid Mt. Cook National Park. On a day-long Milford Sound excursion, cruise through the stunning fjords. Explore Queenstown, New Zealand’s “adventure capital.” In geothermal Rotorua, experience Maori culture at a traditional hangi dinner and see kiwis at a nature park. The journey ends with a two-night stay and sightseeing in vibrant Auckland. Enjoy additional time in the sparkling “City of Sails” with an optional three-day/two-night post-tour extension.
Sights to See
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.