July 8 to 21, 2023
- Starting Price: $8,984 per person, double occupancy, air included from Raleigh-Durham; $8,584 from Boston, New York and Washington, D.C. $7,195 per person, land only. Single travelers add $795. Call for pricing from other departure cities.
- Special Note: Limited to 24 travelers. We are sharing this departure with Emory University
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Travel type: Land
- Tour Partner: Odysseys Unlimited
- Add-On: Cape Town Post-Tour Extension
- Brochure: Brochure PDF
- More Information: Itinerary and accommodations
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation on the phone, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508. To book online, use this form.
Glimpse a world primeval on this singular 14-day safari through some of Southern Africa’s great wildlife sanctuaries in Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Zambia. On this small group tour limited to 24 travelers, encounter one of the planet’s last unspoiled natural refuges – the African savannah.
The adventure begins with sightseeing in Johannesburg’s renowned Soweto district, and visits to Nelson Mandela’s and Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s homes. Leaving urban life behind, spend three nights near Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls. Experience the spectacular falls – among the world’s largest – up close on a guided walk and take a game drive in search of the elusive black rhino. A “Sundowner” Zambezi dinner cruise offers another opportunity to observe wildlife. For a window on local life, visit Victoria Falls town and a local grade school. Continuing on to Botswana’s Chobe National Park, which boasts one of Africa’s largest concentrations of wildlife, embark on sensational boat safaris and game drives with three nights here. Then take a privately chartered flight to Zambia for a small group tour highlight: unparalleled wildlife viewing at South Luangwa National Park, an untouched region of eastern Zambia along the meandering Luangwa River. During a relaxing three-night stay at the Mfuwe Lodge, enjoy a variety of activities, including open-vehicle game drives, walking safaris, a local school visit, and community performances, before transferring to Lusaka for the flight home. Discover South Africa’s sparkling “Mother City,” Cape Town, with an optional 4-day/3-night post-tour extension, including a full-day Cape Peninsula tour and a full-day Cape Town and Winelands tour.
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
For all the latest WolfTreks news, traveler photos and travel tips, join our Facebook group and follow us on Instagram.
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.