The 150th Kentucky Derby
May 1 to 5, 2024
- Starting Price: $2,999 per person, double occupancy, air not included. Tickets to the Kentucky Derby are separate and additional, allowing you to select the ticket option that is right for you.
- Derby Ticket Options: Tickets are not included in the package price. With the 2024 Kentucky Derby being the 150th anniversary, the ticket pricing is still being determined. Therefore, travelers can pay a deposit that is refundable until ticket pricing is confirmed to save their space, and SET will reach out directly when the options are available. Historically, tickets have ranged from $1,500 to $4,000 each, depending on the seating location, but they could be higher in 2024 due the anniversary celebration.
- Activity Level: Moderate. The tour includes horse farms and distilleries where there are uneven surfaces and walking involved.
- Travel type: Land
- Tour Partner: Sports and Entertainment Travel (SET)
- Brochure: Download PDF
- More information: NC State + SET website
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation, call 888-218-7368 or book online using this link.
Delight in the horse capital of the world with an exclusive Kentucky Derby experience in Lexington. Enjoy downtown accommodations at the Lexington Marriott City Center while exploring what makes the Run for the Roses a truly special event including the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, working horse farm tours, Keeneland racetrack, and more! Sit front and center for all the excitement on Derby Day, take in the sights, grandeur (and hats!!) at Churchill Downs. This specialty tour offers an unforgettable way to experience “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports”. And… the 2024 Kentucky Derby will be the 150th Run for the Roses! Sign up now to celebrate this incredible historic event with us at Churchill Downs in 2024!
- Four (4) nights deluxe hotel accommoations at the Lexington Marriott City Center
- Check-in: Wednesday, May 1
- Check-out: Sunday, May 5
- Breakfast daily from Thursday to Saturday
- Wednesday evening Welcome Reception with horse industry guest speaker, food, and drinks
- THURSDAY TOURS
- Breakfast at the American Saddlebred Museum
- Distillery Tour
- Motor coach transfers, lunch included
- FRIDAY TOURS
- Select horse farms
- Motor coach transfers, lunch included
- Round-trip motor coach transfers to Churchill Downs on Derby Day
- Official Kentucky Derby souvenirs
- Event lanyard and credential
- On-site SET travel hosts and hotel hospitality desk
- Taxes and gratuities on all included items
Tickets are not included in this travel package, but can be added for an additional fee.
Day One: Check into the Lexington Marriott City Center and meet SET Staff to pick up souvenirs and on-site travel documents. Evening welcome reception featuring a guest speaker from the horse industry, light hors d’oeuvres and open bar.
Day Two: Depart in the morning to head to the American Saddlebred Museum. The museum houses artifacts, trophies, tack & artwork tracing the history of American Saddlebred horses. Afterwards we head to an area distillery for a tour and an inside look at the famous Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Lunch is provided between the tours. Evening is at leisure to enjoy downtown Lexington.
Day Three: Early morning departure with grab and go breakfast to Keeneland to see the facility and the opportunity to watch morning workouts trackside. After touring Keeneland, head to a selection of horse farms for tours. Lunch is provided between the tours at Fasig Tipton, North America’s oldest Thoroughbred auction company having sold two Triple Crown winners–Seattle Slew and American Pharoah. Return to the hotel. Evening is at leisure to enjoy downtown Lexington.
Day Four: Saturday we head to Churchill Downs for a full day of pageantry and racing. Prior to departure enjoy a breakfast reception.
Day Five: Check out of your hotel and have a safe trip home!
Your Ticket Options
Ticket options will include clubhouse, grandstand and first-turn reserved seat options. Tickets are not included in the package price. With the 2024 Kentucky Derby being the 150th anniversary, the ticket pricing is still being determined. Therefore, travelers can pay a deposit that is refundable until ticket pricing is confirmed to save their space, and SET will reach out directly when the options are available. Historically, tickets have ranged from $1,500 to $4,000 each, depending on the seating location, but they could be higher in 2024 due the anniversary celebration.
- 100 Level (Sections 124-128) – uncovered bleacher seat, starting-line and final-turn view.
- 100 Level Front Turn Club (Sections 100-110) – covered seat, tip-up chair.
- 200 Level Grandstand (Sections 224-228) – uncovered bleach seat, starting-line and final-turn view. (Tip-up chairs are available in Sections 226-228 upon request, if available).
- 300 Level Grandstand (Sections 322-325) – covered, tiered box seating with folding chair, elevated starting-line and homestretch view.
- 300 Level Covered Clubhouse (Sections 319-321) – covered, box seating with folding chair, elevated homestretch view.
- General Admission Infield – General Admission tickets to the Kentucky Derby include a Derby program and access to the infield, where you can bring your own chair or picnic blanket and watch the races from the world’s largest 4K video board. No access to the Paddock or front side seating areas is included and tickets are not all-inclusive of food and beverage. Patrons with General Admission tickets may only enter the facility at the General Admission Gate. Concessions in the Infield are cash only and ATM’s are available.
I had the best time at the Derby! Everything was taken care of and I just got to enjoy Saturday at the track and the excursions before. Highly recommended!
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.