The Kentucky Derby
May 3 to 7, 2023
- Starting Price: $2,799 per person, double occupancy, air not included. Tickets to the Kentucky Derby are separate and additional. They depend on the type of seating chosen. They range in price from $1,300 to $2,850.
- Activity Level: Moderate. The tour includes horse farms and distilleries where there are uneven surfaces and walking involved.
- Travel type: Land
- Tour Partner: Sports and Entertainment Travel (SET)
- Brochure: Download PDF
- More information: NC State + SET website
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation, call 888-218-7368 or book online using this link.
Delight in the horse capital of the world with an exclusive Kentucky Derby experience in Lexington. Enjoy downtown accommodations at the Lexington Marriott City Center while exploring what makes the Run for the Roses a truly special event including the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, working horse farm tours, Keeneland racetrack, and more! Sit front and center for all the excitement on Derby Day, take in the sights, grandeur (and hats!!) at Churchill Downs. This specialty tour offers an unforgettable way to experience “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports”.
• Four (4) nights’ deluxe hotel accommodations at the Lexington Marriott City Center
• Check-in: Wednesday, May 3rd
• Check-out: Sunday, May 7th
• Welcome table with SET Staff
• Welcome reception with expert horse racing industry speaker including food and drinks
• Full breakfast Thursday through Saturday including a Saturday breakfast with Derby photo opportunity
• Official Kentucky Derby souvenirs
• Experienced SET Staff available throughout the tour
• Detailed pre-travel and on-site travel documents
• Louisville or Lexington activity
• Motor coach transfers, lunch and beverages during Thursday and Friday tours
• Morning workouts at Keeneland Racecourse
• Select horse farm tours
• Bourbon distillery tour
• Roundtrip motor coach transfers to Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Derby
• Guest to select a reserved seat ticket option for the Kentucky Derby. NOTE: Price varies by section and will be an additional fee to the package price.
Day One: Check into the Lexington Marriott City Center and meet SET Staff to pick up souvenirs and on-site travel documents. Evening welcome reception featuring a guest speaker from the horse industry, heavy hors d’oeuvres and open bar.
Day Two: Early morning Louisville or Lexington activity. The group will then head to an area distillery for a tour and an inside look at the famous Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Lunch is provided between the tours. Return to the hotel mid-afternoon. Evening is at leisure to enjoy downtown Lexington.
Day Three: Early morning departure with grab and go breakfast to Keeneland to see the facility and the opportunity to watch morning workouts trackside. After touring Keeneland, head to a selection of horse farms for tours. Lunch is provided between the tours at Fasig Tipton, North America’s oldest Thoroughbred auction company having sold two Triple Crown winners–Seattle Slew and American Pharoah. Return to the hotel. Evening is at leisure to enjoy downtown Lexington.
Day Four: Early morning breakfast buffet in a private dining room at the Marriott with a professional photographer on hand to have your picture taken in your Derby finest! Motor coach transfers included to Louisville for the Kentucky Derby. After the day at Churchill Downs and the Run for the Roses, depart Louisville for the Marriott. Late evening return.
Day Five: Check out of your hotel and have a safe trip home!
Your Ticket Options
Customize your Derby experience by selecting the ticket option that is right for you. Ticket options will include clubhouse, grandstand, and first-turn reserved seat options. Tickets are not included in the package price. They are additional.
- 100 Level Uncovered Grandstand Bleacher Seat (Sections 124-128): $1,300 per person
- 100 Level Covered First Turn Club Tip-Up Chair (Sections 100-110): $1,400 per person
- 200 Level Uncovered Grandstand Bleacher Seat (Sections 224-228): $1,500 per person
- 300 Level Covered Grandstand Box Seat (Sections 322-325): $2,450 per person
- 300 Level Covered Clubhouse Box Seat (Sections 319-321): $2,850 per person
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.