February 27 to March 4, 2023
- Starting Price: $4,899 per person (with discount below), double occupancy, airfare included from Raleigh-Durham. Call for pricing from your hometown.
- Special Note: Make your final payment by check prior to the final payment due date to receive $200 per couple/$100 per person booking discount.
- Group size: Approximately 40
- Activity Level: Easy
- Travel type: Land
- Tour Partner: Premier World Discovery
- Brochure: Download PDF
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation on the phone, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508. To book online, use this NC State form or this Premier World Discovery link. If you use the Premier World Discovery link, your booking code number (web code) is #159969.
Located 90 miles off the coast of Key West, Fla., Cuba is an island brimming with vibrant art, soul-stirring music and villages cloaked in colonial charm. Cuba, once again accessible to American travelers, is a country begging to be explored. Travel with us to the largest Caribbean island nation and discover a country with a population as warm and scintillating as its tropical climate and colorful arts.
Begin your journey in Havana, Cuba’s enigmatic capital city. Old Havana, nearly 500 years old, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the largest collections of Spanish-Colonial architecture in the Americas. Learn more about the Plaza de la Revolucion, where millions of Cubans gathered to hear Fidel Castro fan the fires of revolution.
Continue the tour with a fascinating guided tour led by a local cigar expert to the La Corona Cigar Factory. Watch and learn about the history and the process for hand rolling Cuban cigars. Enjoy a performance by the amazing Habana Compas Dance Group. Interact with the students and teachers to learn more about the Cuban dance culture. Tour the famous Nacional Hotel, once Havana’s flagship hotel that hosted celebrities and world leaders, such as Winston Churchill and Frank Sinatra, during its heyday.
Travel out of Havana and into rural Cuba to the Vinales Valley located in the western mountain range and declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This region, known for its stunning scenery, offers a landscape of prehistoric looking flat-top mountains or “mogotes,”tobacco plantations, caves and rivers. Visit Ernest Hemingway’s Farm, (Finca La Vigia meaning ‘lookout house’). See the house where the Nobel Prize winner lived with his wife, Martha, for 21 years. View the preserved home where much of Hemingway’s personal furniture and belongings remain intact.
Family and Friends Welcome
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks! We welcome family and friends.
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.