Costa Rica’s Natural Heritage
February 26 to March 7, 2024
- Starting Price: From $4,981 per person, double occupancy from Raleigh-Durham and $4,881 from Charlotte, Orlando and Atlanta. Land only is $3,895. Single supplement: $3,895. Call for pricing from your hometown.
- Special Note: Limited to 18 travelers. This is an exclusive NC State departure
- Optional Add-Ons: Pre-Tour Tortuguero National Park
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Travel type: Land
- Tour Partner: Odysseys Unlimited
- Brochure PDF: Brochure PDF
- More Information: Itinerary and accommodations
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation on the phone, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508. To book online, use this NC State reservation form.
In this small Central American democracy kissed by nature, discover a nation’s wealth in four distinct regions, from cloud forest to rainforest, Central Valley to Pacific Coast, with a small group of no more than 18 travelers. Enjoy a relaxed yet comprehensive 11-day exploration as Costa Rica presents its staggering biodiversity: pristine landscapes, unique microclimates, exotic flora and fauna. Setting out from the Costa Rican capital, San Jose, travel to Irazú Volcano National Park to view the country’s tallest volcano. Then depart for the picturesque Arenal region, stopping to learn about Costa Rica’s prized export at the Doka Coffee Estate on Poás Volcano’s fertile slopes, and to explore Carrizal’s wondrous orchid garden. Spend the next three nights at a hotel offering magnificent vistas of Arenal Volcano. After meeting students at an elementary school, encounter the natural splendor of the remarkable Ecocentro Danaus Biological Reserve. Experience the rainforest from the canopy level on Arenal’s hanging bridges Sky Walk. Continuing on to the “green cathedral” of Monteverde, take a guided walk that reveals the amazing Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, followed by a tour of the Monteverde Bat Jungle. Visit Monteverde’s delightful Butterfly Garden, home to a variety of species. The Costa Rican adventure concludes with a three-night stay at a Guanacaste beachfront resort, and a Tempisque River float safari in an extraordinary ecosystem. With a day at leisure in this beautiful setting, kayak, hike, or explore lively Tamarindo. Discover more ecological wonders with a 4-day/3-night pre-tour option in celebrated Tortuguero National Park.
Sights to See
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.