June 1 to 14, 2023
- Starting Price: $6,592 per person, double occupancy, from Raleigh-Durham. Land only: $5,295. Single supplement: $1,395.
- Special Note: Limited to 24 travelers. We are sharing this departure with the University of Southern California
- Activity Level: This trip involves considerable walking on uneven or cobblestone streets and at sites of ancient ruins. You should be in good physical condition to enjoy the tour to the fullest.
- Travel type: Land
- Tour Partner: Odysseys Unlimited
- Brochure: Brochure PDF
- More Information: Itinerary
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation on the phone, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508. To book online, use this form.
Unearth the ancient world’s grandeur on this singular 14-day journey combining premier archaeological sites with the beauty and lore of the Aegean and her isles. As the ancient world comes alive in Athens and the Peloponnese, Crete and Santorini, your small group, limited to 24 travelers, celebrates the glory that was Greece – and still is today. In Athens, visit the capital’s key sights, including the Acropolis with its magnificent Parthenon, and walk around the Plaka district; then explore this monumental city independently. An excursion to Delphi, one of the most beautiful and celebrated ancient sites, follows. Tour Athens’ acclaimed National Archeological Museum. En route to the Peloponnesian coast for three nights at a resort, see Ancient Corinth’s ruins. At the vast archaeological site of ancient Epidaurus, marvel at the exceptional theater, then explore Mycenae’s imposing ruins, a UNESCO site. Discover beautiful Venetian/Byzantine Nafplion. Boarding a private boat, cruise to the idyllic, car-free island of Hydra. Spend the next three nights in the fascinating Cretan capital, Heraklion, touring the legendary Minoan Palace of Knossos and the acclaimed Archaeological Museum and exploring independently. After a private cruise to Spinalonga, learn about a Greek staple with an olive oil farm tour and tasting. Next, ferry to picturesque Santorini, with its iconic whitewashed homes overlooking the Aegean. A two-night stay here includes a winery tour and tasting, a walk through postcard-worthy Oia, and touring of the Bronze Age Akrotiri archaeological site. Returning to Athens, enjoy a final afternoon at leisure and a farewell dinner.
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.