Alumni Event Information
Types of events
- Game Watches: Cheer on the Pack in your area with local alumni and friends. To set up a game watch in your area, find a restaurant or bar that will agree to broadcast the game with sound and set aside a designated area for your group. The engagement team will provide your network a game watch box full of goodies to enhance your watch parties, including décor and door prizes!
- Networking Events: One of the easiest ways to gather alumni in your area is through simple networking opportunities. An after-work happy hour at a local bar or restaurant is easy to set up and provides alumni a casual way to make connections.
- Annual Events: Many of our alumni networks have established an annual event specific to their network. These events are a great way to create a tradition that alumni will know to look forward to each year. Some examples include a picnic, like our Portland Alumni Network has held for 24 years, a Topgolf event or a bowling outing.
- Service Projects: Many of our alumni band together throughout the year to enrich their local community by volunteering as a Pack! Examples include river and beach cleanups, volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, helping out with a local race and more. It’s a great way to connect with fellow alumni, while also making a positive difference in your community.
- Other fun ideas: The engagement team loves seeing all of the creative ideas our networks have come up with. A few favorites include group hikes, network beach days, trivia nights and spin events against rival schools.
Event Planning Timeline
Successful events require planning! Plan your network’s events as far
in advance as possible. Refer to the timeline below for a better understanding of the process. Make sure when selecting a date to check community calendars and avoid religious holidays.
Four to six weeks from event date:
- Select and confirm location
- Fill out the network event form. This form is required for all network events publicized by the Alumni Association. For non-game viewing events, this form must be submitted at least three weeks prior to an event. Game viewing forms must be turned in seven days before to the game. If hosting a series of game watch events at the same location, please include all games that you will be viewing on one form. Additionally, the RSVP contact will be the person who filled out the form, as we are unable to collect registrations for game viewings. Event forms not turned in by the required date will not be guaranteed Alumni Association publication.
The Alumni Association will post the event on our online calendar and, if needed, set up online registration. The Alumni Association will also send out an email to alumni in the area. Network leaders should link to the event page on their Facebook group.
Two weeks from event date:
The network leader should contact key volunteers and alumni to make sure they received the invite/email, and check to see if they can attend.
One week prior to the event RSVP deadline:
The Alumni Association will send out a reminder email.
Three to five days from event date:
- Contact the Alumni Association to confirm registration numbers
- Determine how many “walk-ups” can be accommodated
Day of the event:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early
- Decorate and set up a check-in area
- Greet guests as they arrive
- Take photos
- Smile, enjoy yourself and keep an eye out for new volunteers
After the event:
- Send photos as soon as possible for sharing on social media.