Alumni Event Information
Types of events
- Athletics: Cheer on the Pack in your area or support your local sports team with local alumni and friends.
- Career: Expand your professional network by connecting with local alumni.
- Philanthropy: Educate your network about NC State’s philanthropic impact and contribute to a cause you’re passionate about.
- Service: Give back and support your local community through meaningful service.
- Recent Grad: Welcome recent graduates to your city and introduce them to the local Wolfpack.
- Student: Extend a warm welcome to incoming students and their families as they join the Wolfpack or when they visit your local area.
- Education: Featuring NC State faculty, staff or alumni discussing topics relevant to NC State or your region.
- Cultural: Attend cultural events already happening in your city.
- Social: Organize gatherings where alumni can connect and share memories of their time as Wolfpack members.
Event Planning Timeline
Successful events require planning! Plan your network’s events as far
in advance as possible. Refer to the timeline below for a better understanding of the process. Make sure when selecting a date to check community calendars and avoid religious holidays.
Ten to eight weeks from event date:
- The network leader should identify the event lead.
- The event lead should connect with the network engagement manager to discuss the event.
- The event lead should select and confirm location, catering, speaker, budget and any additional details as outlined with the network engagement manager.
- Fill out the Volunteer Leader Event Submission form. This form is required for all network events publicized by the Alumni Association. For non-game viewing events, this form must be submitted at least three weeks prior to an event. Game viewing forms must be turned in seven days before to the game. If hosting a series of game watch events at the same location, please include all games that you will be viewing on one form. Additionally, the RSVP contact will be the person who filled out the form, as we are unable to collect registrations for game viewings. Event forms not turned in by the required date will not be guaranteed Alumni Association publication.
Four to six weeks from event date:
The Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving will post the event on our online event calendar and create an online registration form (if necessary).
Two to four weeks from event date:
The Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving will email alumni in the local network area to begin promoting the event. Network leaders should link to the event page on their Facebook group.
Two weeks from event date:
The network leader should contact key volunteers and alumni to ensure they received the email invitation and determine if they can attend.
One week prior to the event RSVP deadline:
The Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving will send out a reminder email.
Three to five days from event date:
- Contact the Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving to confirm registration numbers.
- Determine how many “walk-ups” can be accommodated.
- The Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving will send an event box, if requested.
- The event lead should connect with any volunteers to communicate each person’s role in supporting the event.
Day of the event:
- The event lead and volunteers should arrive at least 30 minutes before the event.
- The event lead and volunteers should decorate and set up a check-in area.
- The event lead and volunteers should greet guests as they arrive.
- The event lead and volunteers should take photos
- Everyone should have a great time!
After the event:
- The event lead and volunteers should send photos as soon as possible for sharing on social media. Tag @NCStateAlumni and use #HowlBack to gain attention.
- The event lead should share the list of attendees with the network engagement manager.