Death Valley, Yosemite and the Great Parks of California
September 29 to October 6, 2023
- Starting Price: Double – $4,695 per person; Single – $6,395;
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Travel Type: Land
- Group Size: 46
- Optional Add-Ons: Monterey to Santa Barbara Post-Tour
- Tour Partner: Orbridge
- Brochure: Download PDF
- More information: NC State + Orbridge website
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation on the phone, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508. To book online, use this form or this link.
Survey the dramatic landscapes of four of California’s national parks as nature testifies to its size, beauty, and diversity. Discover the vast desert region of Death Valley National Park—home to both the lowest point in North America at 282 feet below sea level and the world’s highest recorded temperature at 134 degrees Fahrenheit. Admire the iconic waterfalls, deep valleys, grand meadows, and extensive wilderness of Yosemite. And marvel at the celebrated groves of sequoia giants at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
- Experience the diverse wonders of four West Coast national parks accompanied by an Orbridge Expedition Leader.
- Observe terrestrial spectacles in Death Valley National Park—known for its extremes and for being the largest national park south of Alaska.
- Visit Badwater Basin, an otherworldly landscape of crinkly salt flats, and enjoy pristine views of thousands of stars in the nighttime sky.
- Honor and preserve the memory of thousands of Japanese Americans who faced internment during World War II at Manzanar National Historic Site.
- Delight in exploration of Yosemite National Park, a varied landscape supporting more than 400 species of amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
- Spend time at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks which team with endless natural features, including General Sherman—a giant sequoia tree soaring 275 feet into the blue Sierra sky.
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.