June 9 to 21, 2022
- Starting Price: $5,492 per person, double occupancy, air included from Boston or New York. Call for pricing from your hometown. Your deposit is fully refundable up to 95 days prior to departure.
- Special Note: Limited to 24 travelers. We are sharing this departure with the Tulane University.
- Itinerary: Day-by-day trip schedule
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Travel type: Land
- Add-Ons: Northern Ireland Post-Tour
- Tour Partner: Odysseys Unlimited
- Brochure: Brochure PDF
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508.
From Dublin to Galway, Killarney to Kilkenny, this full yet well-paced 13-day tour showcases Ireland’s many charms – old and new. Your small group, limited to 24 travelers, sets out to discover Dublin, the intimate Irish capital, visiting Trinity College with its remarkable Book of Kells, and St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and seeing the haunts of Ireland’s beloved literary sons.
Travel on to Galway, the region some consider the “most Irish part of Ireland,” stopping at Tyrrellspass Castle for tea and at Clonmacnoise, a 6th-century monastic site. Highlights of the three-night stay here include a journey through the legendary Connemara region to beautiful Kylemore Abbey and an excursion to Inishmore, largest of the fabled Aran Islands.
Departing Galway for a three-night Killarney sojourn, travel along County Clare’s spectacular coastline, encountering the remarkable Burren and the majestic Cliffs of Moher then ferrying to County Kerry. Dine in a family-run B&B and tour charming Killarney, riding a jaunting cart to 15th-century Ross Castle. Boarding a boat, visit historic Muckross House and the Kerry Folklife Centre. Experience the Ring of Kerry’s stunning coastal scenery, stopping for an Irish sheepdog demonstration.
In Blarney, visit the 15th-century castle and famed Blarney Stone, then see the celebrated Rock of Cashel. Proceeding to Kilkenny, Ireland’s cultural capital, explore the town and its castle, one of Ireland’s most beautiful. Back in Dublin for a final visit, tour fascinating EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum. Savor the Antrim Coast’s dramatic beauty and lively Belfast with an optional 4-day/3-night post-tour Northern Ireland extension.
Friends and Family Welcome!
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.