Egypt and The Nile
March 4 to 17, 2021
- Starting Price: $5,995 per person, double occupancy, air not included
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Travel Type: Land and river cruise
- Optional Add-Ons: Alexandria Pre-Tour and Jordan Post-Tour
- Tour Partner: Orbridge
- Brochure: Downloadable PDF
- More information: NC State + Orbridge website
- Reservations: To ask questions or make a reservation with a credit card, call WolfTreks Travel Manager Kathy Hart at 919-515-0508 or book online using this link.
- Photos: See what to expect
Wander the storied land of pharaohs and kings—where colossal pyramids, legendary tombs, and towering temples cascade across the terrain. The mighty Nile River welcomes you for an unhurried journey that reveals seemingly limitless vistas of infinite deserts contrasted by metropolitan cities.
Enjoy two full days exploring Cairo, visiting the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, the new Grand Egyptian Museum, and Khan El-Khalili bazaar.
In Luxor, view the Karnak Temple Complex—one of the largest religious buildings in the world, which includes contributions from approximately 30 pharaohs over thousands of years.
Travel beside the Nile to Abydos to marvel at the colorful carvings in the Temple of Seti I and view the Abydos King List, which was instrumental to understanding Ancient Egyptian history.
On the west bank of Luxor, visit the Valley of the Kings and Nobles, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut, and Colossi of Memnon. Embark in Esna aboard a private dahabiya—a traditional Egyptian sailing vessel—for four nights on the Nile River.
Sail to Elephantine Island, the only ongoing excavation site open to tourists, to view its sacred temples and traditional Nubian villages. During an optional excursion (additional fee), view the temples of Abu Simbel carved into a massive rock cliff, which were relocated and perfectly reconstructed after building the High Dam in the early 1960s.
Family and Friends Welcome
You don’t have to be an NC State graduate to travel with WolfTreks!
Let’s Get Social
WolfTreks Mailing List
Join our WolfTreks mailing list to receive trip brochures and email information.